1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

XXL Realistic Highway Mod 2 2.5

XLN_XXL_RHM2_pitty_xlnation_staff-v2.5

1. Nissum

Nissum Vagabond

I could use two lane elevated on and of ramps. 3, 4 and 5 lane elevated roads could also be awsome.

2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I think you have a conflict with another mod,
    To check, I invite you to do a test by launching the game, only with the CM and the latest version of the RHM " XLN_XXL_RHM2_pitty_xlnation_staff-v2.3"
    Start a new city,
    Please keep me informed.

3. fcgm12

fcgm12 Unskilled Worker

Hey guys, I'm having problems with road signs. I have the latest version of RHM and the CM, and I'm using default roads. Yet I can't find the road signs, not even under the "Highway Decorations" tab. What could be going wrong?
    Thanks in advance

4. East Pavilion-er

East Pavilion-er Executive

5. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello,
    I'm sorry but unfortunately I do not wish to add novelty to RHM of Pitty

6. es168

es168 Skilled Worker

East Pavilion-er,
    Highway is for high speed traffic. Which country you see have Bus Stops on it ?

7. East Pavilion-er

East Pavilion-er Executive

Because I want to use highway to act as a side lane for vehicles at ground level. High speed cars go on the viaduct above. Chinese urban freeways are just like this and there are bus stops on the ground lanes.

8. kipate

kipate Governor

@Jim Su the mod is made for right-sided traffic only. For left-sided traffic, a modder would need to change every single part to left side, that takes a huge amount of time.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  9. Nissum

Nissum Vagabond

When I choose to build with American roads, the ingame standard highway is not there. The connectors and the highwayjunctions are there but not the standard highway, does anybody know why. The highway is there when I choose english or default roads.

10. Nissum

Nissum Vagabond

I get the same error and I dont know why.

11. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Here is the solution to the problem you are pointing out

12. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

I have already encountered the problem that you report, but I do not know what is the reason that makes the original highway disappear

The ideal being to place the mods one after the other and see what is the mod that creates the conflict!

Good luck

13. Nissum

Nissum Vagabond

Must have something to do with American roads since its only here it disappears.

14. Nissum

Nissum Vagabond

I found the patch file that makes the standard highway disappear i american roads. It is (~~~XLN_TIMOFP_Road_Addon_Mod_V1,3.patch). Could someone take a look at it and see if they can correct the error.

15. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

16. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Oh yes indeed, I confirm what you said,
    I had also removed this mod from my mods folder at the time when the same problem occurred.
    Here is the problem:

The error is caused by the "TAG" of all .CLASS files concerning the highway

Indeed the TAG of the .CLASS Files is ;MSOWATER;

It must be replaced by ;MSOWATER; by the conventional tag for XXL ;MS18;
    or simply delete these 7 files .CLASS in the patch that is named "XLN_TIMOFP_Road_Addon_Mod_V1.3"

To you to play, now that you have the solution you can make the correction!

EDIT :
    Delete in the mod, all .CLASS files surrounded by red
    upload_2018-1-28_15-43-54.png

kipate likes this.
  17. youngcitybuilderg

youngcitybuilderg Unskilled Worker

I've been wondering about something... all the exits come off the right-hand side of the road. I'm curious as to how a person could go about getting exits off the left-hand side.
    I'm curious about this, because in some areas, instead of exiting to the right, you exit to the left. Or you merge in from the left rather than the right.
    Other examples would be the frontage road exits. Where you exit the highway on the right, but merge into the frontage road from the left; or exit the frontage road on the left and merge onto the highway from the right, making the frontage roads one-way on either side of the highway to make intersections with cross-over roads instead of using the ramps to go directly to the cross-over roads.

It is possible to do this with the 2-lane ramp, but it's a little unrealistic as single-lane ramps are "usually" used for this (the metroplex being the exception).

18. Ricky Burcham

Ricky Burcham Vagabond

Love cities XX. Brilliant game. Love the mods you guys create too. I absolutely beg someone though to do a mod where the realistic highway mod would work with English roads. Think it’s a really good mod and makes the game much better but if it worked with UK Road setting would be even better. Thank you to anyone who reads this or anyone who could help

19. Scott1984

Scott1984 Vagabond

Where can I find the XXL Community Mod v2.0 in this forum, or discussion?

Scott C. Presnal

20. es168

es168 Skilled Worker

Its in this web site, just look around....
    Dependency - Cities XXL Community Patch