1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings Suburb Apartments

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by BahadirB, Apr 29, 2018.

1. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

I have no idea how they are called in English, but in the Balkans and the Middle East (which might extend to the Far East), there are some W2W or single modernist buildings with almost no aesthetical concern except.

Here is for example: [​IMG]

or another one:
    [​IMG]

There is two-piece Asian building mod, I don't remember who did the mod, but I would be really happy if someone comes up with such "ugly" buildings.

JANJAN likes this.
  2. JANJAN

JANJAN Unskilled Worker

Me to! low story appartements xo

BahadirB likes this.
  3. selodinger

selodinger Governor

In my mind, I still do have some plans to create similar buildings. 3 or 4 storey with red shingled roofed apartments would be nice. Hope I can spare some time to do it, but first I have to handle the "adding dirt,stain etc. textures on the ambient occlusion (lightmap) map issue. I'll go on modding until be accepted for a job. :coffee::D

Any progress will be shared in the projects thread :)

BahadirB likes this.
  4. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

Well, then I can encourage you to go on with your plans :sneaky: Your previous mods were amazing, but as you concede, they were too "neat" and "white," some dirt, stains, or other textures you could see in building walls make the forthcoming mods perfect. I don't know what colour you plan to do, but you can go with gray tones instead of all shining white. :cool:

I hope you have some time to realise your plans before you got a job. It sounds mean, but no, what can be better than turning your unemployment into something creative? :)

5. selodinger

selodinger Governor

I usually choose white. Because, most of buildings in my hometown, Antalya, have white colour :D Well, grayish tones is more acceptable for dirty walls instead of white colour. Also, I'm thinking to use all of colours without making discrimination.

Sounds nice actually, I didn't offended that. Modding add me a large quantity of the perspective about designing :)

BahadirB likes this.
  6. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

selodinger likes this.