1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Registration Thread: Join Your Expansion Program

Discussion in 'Registrations' started by Dreian, Oct 30, 2014.

1. JuanAcadé

JuanAcadé Elite

@royb 98 : I choose Echa, and my city will be placed on Cambridge map, from the last Christmas Map Pack.

2. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

So you join me! Excellent choice ;).

3. JuanAcadé

JuanAcadé Elite

Hope so :D ... now, where we discuss about the development of our cities? Is there an specific forum or conversation or we talk by PM?

4. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

We talk by PM but the conversation is full because there are some people who joined us and then became inactive -_-. And I can't remove them. I supose I will have to make a new one, I'll do it today.

5. ryankoo

ryankoo Executive

Candidate: Ryankoo

City style you would like to build:
    • Rural town with agricultural and historical tourism and forest
    • City with low building but variety style of houses
    Preferred maps to build:
    • 1st choice: River
    • 2nd choice: Lake
    • 3rd choice: Flat place for agricultural
    Additional information:

• Time you consent to allow to Countries XL: 10 hrs per week
    • Links to City Journals you have on XLNation: - Not yet owned
    • Skills with softwares: basic Picture edit
    • Others: I like ancient Asian style of building
    Performance of Computer:
    • My computer can handle cities reaching a population of: 9,000,000 (I used to play a map of Paris with more than 9 Million inhabitant but sometime lagging) but i prefer my city population between 200k - 1mil

6. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

:eek: no one replied yet...
    I think your city style fits best the country of Normany (with Alex24, CityMania, Fjarlaegur, Manila Twilight and Pamascus). It's a little full, but most people are inactive so if you want you can join. Steven H. Endermann and Korczynskii are still left (for as far as I know) so you can make a country together, or you can make your own.

We are currently thinking of a new contest by the way. If you have any ideas, feel free to share them!

ryankoo likes this.
  7. lautarinom

lautarinom Vagabond

Hi I'm new as you can see...well, I want to create the new country: "Republic of Luman" which capital will be "Lerkerberge". It'll be located in The Volcano map (the capital)

8. kipate

kipate Governor

okay, welcome on board :)
    Which volcano map do you mean? the one that was in the game (Krakatoa)?
    Or a modded map by The Funky Monk?

9. lautarinom

lautarinom Vagabond

No, no, no. The map name is The Volcano not Krakatoa. Is in the game

10. Ammar Shaker

Ammar Shaker Elite

Candidate: Ammar Shaker

City style you would like to build:

• Modern Middle Eastern big cities
    Preferred maps to build:
    Additional information:
    • Time you consent to allow to Countries XL: Tow hours a day
    • Links to City Journals you have on XLNation: Jumana and Rivoria
    • Skills with softwares: a little of 3ds max and Paint.NET
    Performance of Computer:
    • My computer can handle cities reaching a population of: 2,000,000

11. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Nice to see there are still people interested in joining Countries XL! Since I don't know who is still active, I think the best option is joining one of the bigger countries; Marramar, Normany or Echa. You can contact respectively Dreian or Peter or Veija, Pamascus or Verners, or JuanAcadé (he's the only active member of Echa since I'll be afk for three weeks after tomorrow). Again, I don't know who's active so they might not respond. I know kipate is active right now so you can send him a message in case you don't get a response.

12. Ammar Shaker

Ammar Shaker Elite

i don't mind joining Kipate, don't know his country name :)

13. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

I have wifi here! :D

His country is called 'the Federation of Western States', and he has a city journal of his capital Titania. The Federation was initially created as a country used for the story line (to start a war, for example), so not one that would participate in the contests. But you can always ask him if he agrees on you joining him. I wouldn't mind :).

14. Ammar Shaker

Ammar Shaker Elite

alright, sign me in :D

15. Dario Viada

Dario Viada Unskilled Worker

Hello , I wonder if countries are active , I would like to participate in one of them

16. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

The bad news is that this project is pretty much dead :(.

The good news is that it's been dead for 3 times already and there are apparently plenty of people interested in a co-op gameplay like this. The project went silent for a reason though:
    1. no-one cared about the rules because they were too complicated and because no-one else cared about it
    2. the gameplay was pretty much the same as without joining Countries XL
    3. not enough people joined the contests so you'd always finish 1st/2nd/3rd
    4. a lot of the participants were 'noobs' who only recently joined XLN and left after a month, week or even a day
    So maybe 'we' could start this up again if someone has some suggestions to improve this project. Or we could come up with something completely new.

17. veija2

veija2 Mayor

I was lucky enough to be on a very active team with great teammates and I enjoyed the experience. You've pretty much nailed the reasons the project went south, though. Even the conversation does get started about starting again/anew, count me in. Maybe start with revisiting the basic premises.

18. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Country XL is like the Walking Dead of this forum :)))...

Main problem for me in last months... even if i pop up checking once in a while what's happening in our community... i don't have at all spare time to play the game due to work... :(...

But yes, probably the rules were a bit complicated... i recognize. But i think the main problem is the timing. if that would have been launched 1 or 2 years earlier... this would have worked. The project just started when there was a slow down in the active members of the community!

19. Dario Viada

Dario Viada Unskilled Worker

I would like to participate , it could relax the rules to attract more users , it seems very important to encourage users to participate.

perhaps the inactivity of users is a problem could be solved by incorporating the participation of the countries XL in social networks

20. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

I think our best shot at getting enough participants is indeed by promoting it a lot outside XLNation, and by encouraging the use of other city builders since CXL is getting quite old now. We could also take an example of Le Monde GC, which has always been a very active and still is, considering it started quite a few years ago and the last post was... 5 hours ago :). But maybe we should really focus on the start this time: what do we want exactly and how do we want to do it? Here are some things I'd like to see:
    • The main goal would be to cooperate: it shouldn't be a competition only. Individuals should have the possibility to add their already created societies as well, though.
    • The game should really change the way you play your city building game.
    • The game should be independent from CXL or any other city building game. It should be a virtual world like Alpha Centauri B we had last time. It would be nice to involve other kinds of things involved with fantasy worlds: conlanging or politics for example. This may appeal to a lot of different people.
    • The game should be easy to maintain and it should go on when moderators are offline for a while (no need for moderators organizing stuff all the time and everyone should have the possibility to get the game going, for example by organizing events or contests).
    • The game should be playable even when you don't have a lot of time.
    • It should be easy for new people to join, so it should be simple to understand.
    • To stir things up a little, I think it would be fun to add independent organisations that add events like civil wars, droughts, earthquakes and terror attacks, but also international conventions, Olympics (or something similar) and scientific discoveries. Some of the organisations could even do blackmailing: if a country refuses to declare war on a certain country there would be a high chance of a coup, for example. People could also use things like these to their advantage, for example to arrest opponents without real repercussions (yes, I'm referring to Turkey, but not necessarily in a bad way). Of course there would be negative effects as well, like a decrease in support from a group of countries. These kinds of things would need a lot of guidance by moderators, though, unless we find a way around it. We could also use these organisations to start (civil) wars so we can add a few countries for newcomers.

Myname and Dario Viada like this.