1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings Modular buildings / floors

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by ObelicS, Oct 16, 2016.

?
  1. Yes, this is possible and i would love to have it !

93.3%
  2. No, this is not possible but i would love to have it !

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I would love to have but this is NOT possible.

6.7%
  1. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

Hello guys !
    Im not sure if its possible but i think it is, if modular construction mod is working, this should too :)

So idea is to make modular buildings containing :
    1.Base
    2, Floors
    ( so we can adjust and mix with different heights, positions, etc )
    3. Rooftop

Here is picture of what i have in mind.

[​IMG]
    dont need to be this building. It can be something more simple.

Im not sure if this mod could be nothing but for visual purpose. But even for just visual purpose this could be game changer with different varieties etc. From time to time there can be more different parts added so they can be mixed.

Dont like to brag about something, but i dont know how to mod. I seriously tried something few years ago but im just not for it. And dont have time and resources.

What do you think about the idea ? I would like to help in any other way them actual programming/ modding.

Cheers ! (y)

Abandon Ship and Jotape like this.
  2. Stealthman31

Stealthman31 Skilled Worker

I'm not a mod expert hell not even a novelist :notworthy: but I see no reason why this can't be achieved, ( Fayedd's construction) I personally would love mods such as what your asking about.

Abandon Ship and ObelicS like this.
  3. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Hi, I used to have the same idea. But as I understand this game it is not easy to make such modular building. All buildings has a base and they attached to the road. If the building doesn't have a base and attaching to the road is really hard in game to maintain the right (the same) position's coordinates of building.

Abandon Ship likes this.
  4. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

I will give it a try (at least there is 8 different positions to place the building)

ObelicS likes this.
  5. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

So, I made a building floor and tried everything I could to make it right. It has no collision, so it can be placed on top of other building floor. But there is a huge problem: the first 4/5 floors are easy to place, but the next floor are very hard to place, because I need to zoom out to be able to place it... Final result: small holes in a lot of spaces of the building :unsure:

ObelicS likes this.
  6. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

well at least you tried everything :D It will be good as it is. It doesnt need to be perfect placed, i think from distance it will look nice :)

Jotape likes this.
  7. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

Ok, for now it is in standby. I have another project on hands :p

ObelicS and Mr. Sky like this.
  8. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Maybe be better make a first floor, which usually public and then blocks of 3 or 5 for example living floors?

Jotape likes this.
  9. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

I already thought about it. It is a good idea. But one thing: they will need some variations, because the illumination maps will be always the same and the whole building will look weird. It's a shame XXL has not the option to stick buildings (I already tried with plugs because the class files have some tags with "snap plugs" but it not worked). Important: you can adjust the vertical position of the floor pressing shift and moving the mouse up and down. I don't need to use that, because when I place a floor, the next floor can be positioned on the top of the other floor, so :p

10. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Interesting. What is a code to allow u to do so?

11. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

I think I'm not understanding... The code from class file?

12. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

yes. How can be the next floor positioned on the top of the other floor without pressing shift and moving the mouse up and down?

13. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

only if u position mod in 3d max file on the high of previous floor, other way i don't know how in game placing something exactly above building

14. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

Yes, it works. I can place the building floor on top of every building as it has not collision box. No, we are only talking about just 1 building floor (I made only 1 to test (currently it's not mapped, it's only for tests, but I can post some photos if you want) )

Abandon Ship likes this.
  15. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Maybe u r rigt. Ive never tried yet. Yes it would be nice if u show how it works in game

Jotape likes this.
  16. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

Well, now I will try to make these modular buildings, as I finished my current project...

ObelicS likes this.
  17. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

How is it goin man ? Is the project still alive ? :D

Jotape likes this.
  18. Jotape

Jotape Mayor

I'm not having time because of the university :D But, it is still alive, I'm finishing the first floor

Abandon Ship and ObelicS like this.
  19. ObelicS

ObelicS Governor

Nice nice ! Glad to hear that ! :D

Jotape likes this.
  20. brendonwright1989

is anyone working on this project? I was playing around with Fayedd's construction mod and was then going to request something like this, here is what I can do in-game with just the modular construction and other bits & pieces, definitely need more variations of windows/glass, particularly residential options, balcony's, or the concrete construction frames in other colour (pa cxl_screenshot_marine sea region_271.jpg rticularly white colour), awnings, and rooftop/flat pieces to make better variations. Still, this is what I have done in the last day or so, and definitely want something like this so we can have endless varieties and custom bu cxl_screenshot_marine sea region_274.jpg cxl_screenshot_marine sea region_273.jpg cxl_screenshot_marine sea region_267.jpg cxl_screenshot_marine sea region_268.jpg cxl_screenshot_marine sea region_269.jpg cxl_screenshot_marine sea region_270.jpg cxl_screenshot_marine sea region_272.jpg cxl_screenshot_marine sea region_276.jpg

Clemech4, JANJAN, OmniBLACK and 7 others like this.