1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings Miscellaneous Buildings Request By Kipate

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by kipate, Jan 6, 2015.

1. kipate

kipate Governor

Okay, I lied, bad me,
    but I could not hinder from looking for some nice moddable models :)

Again, no pressure to put upon the modding community here,
    they decide what they want to do and what not...
    Maybe Monty wants finally start his own city :p

Register or to view Spoiler content!

javier likes this.
  2. bobqwerty

bobqwerty Executive

There are some nice free models at cg-trader but for some reason I can not download any of them.

3. kipate

kipate Governor

Hmmh, I tried to download several of them,
    they were downloadable, if some are not, I am very sorry
    :(

4. kipate

kipate Governor

5. kipate

kipate Governor

6. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

Only the author can do that. You need to have the original 3DS max model.
    Compressed 3D datas which are in the sgbin file are unusable and I think they aren't retro-convertible as max file.

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

technically you can, using ninjaripper (Ninja Ripper v1.7.1 | GameBanana Modding Tools)
    but tried it once and failed... no idea how to do that practically

Lokentaz and kipate like this.
  8. kipate

kipate Governor

Thanks for your replies, guys :) well, I just wish for some stairs without any banisters or rails, that's all :whistle:

9. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey, guys, was it possible for you modders to create some more civic services, or maybe import some models to the game?
    Whenever I build a city, especially schools and hospitals are a struggle to me. Mostly because you need so many of them, and you don't want to repeat the same models over and over again^^

I mean, even a small town of 10,000 people usually contains three kindergartens, two elementary schools, and probably even a secondary school. And well, most of the cities around have more than 10,000 inhabitants, even if the in-game population may seem a bit odd :D

One model that I found:
    Cartoon kindergarten model | 1143597 | TurboSquid

BahadirB and Lokentaz like this.
  10. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

I can't promise anything (that's the problem to do several projects at once) :rolleyes: but I will look at this cute model.

kipate and Myname like this.
  11. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

I downloaded this model. There is a lot of work in sight. Scale is not good but it is the least issue. There are lots of holes (around circle windows) and useless polygons everywhere. There are also some aberrations which make this model unrealistic. The author says it is a cartoon building ; I confirm :p. Best of all : textures are unexploitable :facepalm:. In short, I should redo it completely without this :eek: shitty stair ; it is criminal for a creche (call the police!). I think I'll do it, but only in a no-collision version.

kipate likes this.
  12. kipate

kipate Governor

Argh, damn it, I didn't think it would be that bad... sorry :( I still hope that there will be some more generic variety regarding civic services :D