1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings Imperial City Tower (already modeled)

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by AzemOcram, Mar 6, 2016.

1. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I request someone put my building into Cities XXL (and Cities: Skylines). My Surface Pro 3 cannot handle Cities XXL or Cities: Skylines good enough to get it to work.

Hopefully I managed to UV map everything properly though I haven't added any fine details or done any of the lower levels.

Here is a render with its original gold:

[​IMG]

Here is a render with grey (for Cities: Skyline's colormask), next to an early WIP Avaricio Inc HQ:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

Apparently I messed up the UV mapping and LOD. I might as well add more details to the entrance and roofs/ledges.

3. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I also request ideas on how to improve Pure Deco Tower. I want it to look Art Deco on steroids, with geometric shapes in the texture that are visible from afar and geometric patterns that are almost gaudy from citizen's perspective but become less noticeable the farther out you zoom.

[​IMG]
    This can have 38 storeys on a 40x40 lot (with room) or 76 storeys on a 60x60 lot (if narrowed by 4 meters). I plan on making this a high wealth, high density condominium (L5 dense Residential) for Cities: Skylines before perfecting it and the rest of the set for Cities XXL.

4. Big Meany Mean

Big Meany Mean Executive

So something like this

[​IMG]

5. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I tried really hard to make the chrysler roof but I decided to make the above building into a post modernist business hotel.

However, the following picture depicts a WIP skyscraper in the Miami Art Deco style:

[​IMG]

The green part is a placeholder. I'll give the top part of the tower the same pattern of windows and columns as the lower parts and give the middle part wider windows (and narrower columns).

6. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I completed this Art Deco building instead of Imperial City Tower. I will send it to whoever wants it:
    [​IMG]

7. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I guess everyone is too busy. I fixed the roofs by making them wide enough to cover the columns and made them 1 meter thick.

http://i.imgur.com/if8wUrl.png

I also managed to cut the triangle count down to less than 11k

8. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive