1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Cities Xxl Community Mod 2.10

Cities XXL Community Patch, previously known as the UIM.

1. themp3dj

themp3dj Unskilled Worker

The one advantage I like about the Steam workshop is Mods load so easily to the game....BUT....

I am only "loading" from the author's I trust....i.e....only those who have supported XLN....

Not that any "other modder" is not of quality, it just seams that there is a ton of game bashing and/or bitching from those perhaps not as experienced with the game, its evolution and the support that the XLN's MVP's have continued to offer...

Altiris likes this.
  2. Altiris

Altiris Governor

3. Kurtis Edwards

There is chatter that a lot of mods from previous versions will now work in XXL. Right now I am only using stuff from steam and the XXL resource page here. Other then the XXL resource page, what are ways users can 'tag' or add an additional versions to their resource, in case they don't want to add it to the XXL resource page? I don't want to just start downloading previous mods and run into problems. I am more then happy just sticking to the correct resource page too. ; )

4. r0zijn

r0zijn Vagabond

Tried rhm2, works but parts are missing :angel:

5. Altiris

Altiris Governor

you need the XXL_RHM2.patch, it'll be posted shortly.

6. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

7. Ammar Shaker

Ammar Shaker Elite

Yeah the RHM are missing the road connectors. also, can you adjust the "add money" cheat to add 500m instead of 1m ?

i wish also to see a non-collision filter because i believe some other mods are working fine but do not appear in normal building lists.

cheers, and thanks in advance :)

8. setfiretojudas

setfiretojudas Vagabond

Mon jeu crash pendant le chargement de la carte après avoir supprimé xxl community mod V1.7 pour le remplacer par la version 2.0.
    Quelqu'un a t'il une idée pour réparer cela ? Merci

9. civil

civil Vagabond

Costanza likes this.
  10. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

Only way I can get this game to work is if I use steam community mod, If I use this mod with or without any other mod all I get is a spinning circle and a black screen, that after 2 minuts closes down the game

Any advice?

11. veija2

veija2 Mayor

@setfiretojudas - see this thread: http://xlnation.city/threads/d3dcompile-has-failed.2503/#post-17283

12. msFiorentina

msFiorentina Executive

Yuo know what I miss and I dont know if it is a mod?
    I love to change the road type a lot in a single city for different neighbourhoods. But that is not possible anymore in the cheat menu.
    The cheat menu is very limited :(

Thanx for all your hard work!!

13. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Found a nasty bug dude. I ripped all my mods out and unsubscribed to the lot on steam to test XXL why I was getting a crash when selecting the low graphic settings. I put just the community mod back in (version 2.0) and XXL crashes as soon as you select the lowest setting in the graphic options.

This is the line in the log that appears.

[02:53:37] GRAPH3D EffectFactory.cpp ( 126) Error D3DCompile has failed. File : <Data/Shader/#road.fx> Error : <IncHighlight.fx(9,31): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\Data\Shader\#road.fx(261,56): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\Data\Shader\#road.fx(268,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\Data\Shader\#road.fx(275,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\Data\Shader\#road.fx(318,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\Data\Shader\#road.fx(375,67): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\Data\Shader\#road.fx(376,67): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\Data\Shader\#road.fx(405,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\Data\Shader\#road.fx(453,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\Data\Shader\#road.fx(540,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\Data\Shader\#road.fx(573,19): error X3018: invalid subscript 'w' > Press OK to Retry.

When I did this test I got a black screen.

The previous time it crashed (when I had all the mods installed) I got a window with the OK button to select and the info in the window was in the last line of the log as well.

14. marpado

marpado Unskilled Worker

Hi everyone,
    i'm new on this community and especially on this beautiful game...and then i wish to ask you how (and where) i have to install this stuff.
    Thank you.

15. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

All mods (.patch files) are installed by just placing them in the Paks folder. You can find it in C / Program Files / Steam / Steamapps / common / Cities XXL / Paks. I suggest you create a folder called 'Mods' in the Paks folder and possibly a folder for each mod author just to keep everything more organized because you will probably end up with hundreds of mods.
    Also read carefully what are the prerequisites for each mod to work properly. For example most mods require the Community mod to work.
    You'll get the hang of it... it's all really simple once you do.

16. flashback

flashback Vagabond

Hi! I installed the 1.7 and now updated to 2.0 but I still have one problem: the button to change to placing individual buildings disappears after certain actions. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

17. oldbrokenlink

oldbrokenlink Vagabond

why not update the steam workshop version?

18. ivica017

ivica017 Skilled Worker

same here. dont know what is the problem? any ideas?

19. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Got the same results when I put the dependency mods in a sub-folder.
    Lost an entire city to cyber-space.

20. manera2020

manera2020 Vagabond

non steam version works with this -> copy into paks/mods? previously UIM no issue but comm mods seems like not working..