1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Cities Xxl Community Mod 2.10

Cities XXL Community Patch, previously known as the UIM.

1. lgsella

lgsella Skilled Worker

Hi everyone. Is there a forecast to be avaliable the essential mods as RHW for the XXL? People are working on it? Missing those mods...

2. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Cities XXL there is no none steam version

3. themp3dj

themp3dj Unskilled Worker

Hey Guys...I'm over all of the "good vs. evil" CXXL stuff...I updated to CXXL and it plays better than the last version so the game has become much more tolerable than before (for me personally)...as I had stated earlier, I was to the point of shelving the game altogether and await Cities: Skylines...(I was not aware of an XXL update coming)...

CXXL is not a "perfected version" but a "better version"...is the value paid vs. the amount of enjoyment where I would like it to be...still awaiting my final evaluation there...I will purchase Cities: Skylines and play both for a while and continue playing the game that brings me the most enjoyment...and it might even be both of 'em...! Regardless, I think I accomplish what I set out to do: find something to preoccupy my "escape time"...

Now for a technical question: with the new CXXL updates and previous versions of mods, what has to be updated to be compatible...? Is it the tags in each mod..? Is there something in the UI that is drastically different that each mod needs to conform or is it something that is very tedious and meticulous but time consuming...?

What I am getting at is, "how difficult is it to update XLN community created mods and what kind of a timeline does it take....hours, days, weeks, never, or is it easier to start all over and create a new mod....?

I'm thinking if all of those who purchased CXXL would realize "there will be life after CXL Platinum, et al," then this thread might calm down a touch...

NONE of us are completely happy right now...understandably so...BUT...either the XLN community will rise up and make CXXL work (as it has done in the past) OR we will all shift our passion to Cities: Skylines....

OR a third option: we keep supporting both....

Play on.....!

4. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

At the moment as far as I know the main problem is that most mods needed UIM to work. So as soon as the new one arrives most mods will work. Some will require a little editing of the .class files, which isn't a problem...
    If Altiris didn't make the new UIM A LOT of mods would not work.. Thankfully he is making it.

5. themp3dj

themp3dj Unskilled Worker

Pretty much what I was thinking....I am running into a number of mods that will not work even with the new UIM that Altiris has created...if I am reading his thread correctly, it is a starting point for now of which there will be numerous tweaks...

Most of the transportation mods are causing issues...some of the bridges work, some don't and other's have mentioned what they have run into as well...and I'm finding a large number of buildings that are crashing...perhaps because of what you have stated above...

I think we all agree, it will take some time for all of the modders to catch up and update....not a problem for me anyways...

Cheers!

6. Altiris

Altiris Governor

7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Why are you not releasing the latest to steam?

8. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

It's progressing nicely. Great work Alt!

9. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Altiris updated Cities XXL Community Mod with a new update entry:

More tags\features added

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

are you ging to make the exeptional button again in the residental tabs?

11. tdbaria

tdbaria Skilled Worker

hi sir, i have the same argument with MrX2 (please see below), i thought it's his mod (Xsquared's Big Bridge Pack 1.01) that causes the crash, but when i deleted his mod and retain your latest community mod (v1.9) it crashes the game everytime i load a map/ city. note that prior to v1.9, my XXL loads great.

below is my case discussed with MrX2, hope you can help:

(hi mrx2,

below is an update for my prev. claim:

the error started when i changed the community mod from 1.8 to 1.9. at the same time i also used your mod. my game loads, but when i started to open a map/ city, my game crashes. i thought it's your patch that caused it. when i removed your mod, and restarted the game, same as usual, the game starts, but when i opened a map and loaded a sample city, it crashes. so what i did was delete the city i'm testing. I tried one more time, it crashes again. below is the log:

[21:27:44] GRAPH3D EffectFactory.cpp ( 126) Error D3DCompile has failed. File : <Data/Shader/#road.fx> Error : <IncHighlight.fx(9,31): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(261,56): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(268,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(275,10): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(318,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(375,67): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(376,67): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(405,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(453,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(540,32): warning X3206: implicit truncation of vector type D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Cities XL 2015\Data\Shader\#road.fx(573,19): error X3018: invalid subscript 'w' > Press OK to Retry.

i'm thinking of possible mod conflict. it might be the community mod v1.9 that causes the crash, and not your mod. i'll refer it to altiris.

if you have inputs/ ideas about this, please do share.

thanks.)

Thanks in advance, sir :)

12. tdbaria

tdbaria Skilled Worker

hi sir, below is the screen shots of cheat mods my XXL currently have. it might be the community v1.9 is conflicting with one of them?
    PrntScrn- CheatMods.jpg

13. tdbaria

tdbaria Skilled Worker

my XXL runs smoothly with community mod v1.8. i don't know what's my problem with v1.9.

14. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

Try removing your other mods and see if it works than. So yes keep placing mods back until you find the trouble maker

15. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

Does the new update mean we can use the RHM now?

16. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

No

Mr.X² likes this.
  17. tdbaria

tdbaria Skilled Worker

hi sir altiris, seems my problem is resolved:

- i removed all the exported mods and left only the community mod v1.8, my game runs good;
    - i removed all the exported mods and left only the community mod v1.9, my game starts and crashes thereafter;
    - i uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game and imported all the mods together with community mod v1.9, my game now runs smoothly.

it's weird!!! i don't know the culprit.

thanks sir, anyway. i can enjoy now the beauty of v1.9.

Mr.X² likes this.
  18. Alan Rodrigues

Alan Rodrigues Vagabond

This new version is giving error

Attached Files:

19. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Not sure yet, at least until the UCGManager is fixed so it removes previous versions.. but then again maybe not, I'm not a fan of the workshop.

20. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

No worries. I'm always checking here anyway so I won't miss an update.