1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Cities Xxl Community Mod 2.10

Cities XXL Community Patch, previously known as the UIM.

1. Altiris

Altiris Governor

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about MSOVERWATER and MSNOCOLLISION, if they're really needed i can put them back i just didn't want to clutter up the new menu. ;)

2. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

how many mods use those tags? if only a couple I wouldnt bother, make the modder update their patch instead :)

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Bugger! PedPath is another one that will not work

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I got Pharmist water roads working after I removed the 40x50 road. The log moaned how the tag 40x50 did not exist.
    I mainly use these for the land next to the water but others would use these to build over land.

5. Ole

Ole Executive

The MSOVERWATER tag isn't really needed, only a few mods use that. The MSNOCOLLISION is used a lot, if it would be removed people wouldn't see the difference between a house without collision box or a house with collision box.
    Mods that use this:
    -German Pack (small collision)
    -on of Monty's condo's
    -Latin American pack (small collision)
    -ultimate no collision mod
    and a lot more

6. overdoze

overdoze Vagabond

back again.....long time ago since bugcity5 ..... and so i bought the new xxl one , lol i have my old backups but....... whats relativ new and important for me ? needs building packs or other many mods? at the moment i have only the new UIM ..... so must download nexl or is it now in the game ? .. needs typical answers for a new basic start..... long time ago that i play xl2012 ,,, thanks and sorry for my mistakes (german guy)
    and big thx to altiris, i knew he is the big one man of mods at the first game! no altiris mods no cities xl :D ..... altiris made the game , ok and of course the other big modders! but he is really a CitiesXXL God :D thx for all the long modding time

The Funky Monk likes this.
  7. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Problem about not having no collision and overwater is that many people used those in their previous cities.
    My opinion is that both are needed.

If possible, i think the best solution is implementing all previous tags. Something like a starting point from where we can continue developing te game.

Many people have wonderfull cities in which they've worked hard but they just couldn't finish due to lag. Having all the tags would allow taking those cities on again.

Myname likes this.
  8. Jasonr71

Jasonr71 Unskilled Worker

Would I be right in saying that some of these issues with the preexisting mods will more than likely be updated for XXL in the not too distant future! I'm certainly not going to give up on XXL, because it's no different when most games go gold, there are always teething problems, and it may take numerous patches/updates to fix the problems!

If worse comes to worse, I'll keep playing XL Platinum until most of the issues are resolved and XXL is updated! :facepalm:

9. Altiris

Altiris Governor

I don't know about not too distant future, but I'm sure in time most content will be updated\migrated, new stuff will be made exclusive for XXL, and it will replace previous versions.

It's only been out for 2 days. :p

overdoze likes this.
  10. hunkske

hunkske Vagabond

There are a lot of old mods that work with the new version, it is just a whole lot of work seeing which work and which don't.. so everytime I copy a mod from the old folders into the new one, I restart the game to see whether it crashes or not.. But I'm sure that as the new UIM gets updated further that even the nocollision and overwater patches will work...

11. Jasonr71

Jasonr71 Unskilled Worker

I apologize for my ignorance Altiris, but the more awesome content you produce, I keep thinking that you only have to click your fingers to build your mods these days!

I'm not exactly sure what's involved when it comes to building a mod, and I wasn't sure whether or not it was a straight forward process, when it comes to migrating or converting the mods from XL into XXL!

Thanks for the response, the information you provided pretty much sums up the fact that the existing mods will be updated, or simply migrated from XL to XXL!

Cheers Altiris (y)

12. Glenni

Glenni Vagabond

Hm, I would like the MSoverwater back if possible, I often place buildings on water, to replace annoying gaps created by some water in maps. and to make parts that look like they are reclaimed land.

13. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

i think overwater and limitless are both needed, if not for better arrangement of mods in the interface. There's so many that it's a good thing to have them a little more spread troughout more categories.
    Also the harbour tag in packs, as weel as the decorations subtags, like furniture,etc.

14. themp3dj

themp3dj Unskilled Worker

May have already been stated here but I tried Pharmist's Extra Terraforming Options 1.0 mod and IT DOES work in CXXL...

15. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Thanx, been waiting all day for someone on the steam workshop to respond to my post about this issue. Knew I should have looked here at xlnation first. live & learn.
    ucg thing ??

16. ailo

ailo Executive

i also have this problem, there's not an icon for those special buildings in residential and commerce.

17. ernesto263

ernesto263 Skilled Worker

Hello friends , I used the bank to have a lot of money and it worked, now I have a lot of money. z_MoneyBank_kiwi.pach

18. Kurtis Edwards

19. Kunibertos

Kunibertos Vagabond

How to Install Non-Steam version?