1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

64 x Furnitures - XXL - by Ieyasu and by Karaaib 1.3

Furnitures plopables

1. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Drazicdesign submitted a new resource:

64 x Furnitures - XXL - by Ieyasu and by Karaaib - Furnitures plopables

Read more about this resource...

2. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Drazicdesign,
    I don't mod, I trust others to do that. I just am not happy that you started a trend to junk up the important Civic Services Environment screen with your trains mod and now two new mods have come out doing likewise.

Plus these items show up before the standard environment ones which means a lot of wasted clicks before I get to chose among the items I want. The train mod placement meant two wasted clicks every time I wanted to build the Alternative Park mod, which I did often. I deleted your train props from my latest saves, plus the mod, so will just use secpol's from now on. A better place for your train mod would have been under the Transportation/Bus button.

What I do like is your Furniture Mega Pack by timofp. If I remember correctly you had one menu item that had many upgrades. That made menu presentation so much easier as there were less items to look at or click through. It didn't look like you did that as I built a few items and didn't see any upgrade options.

I've enjoyed your work until this mod where I saw nothing but a menu mess where I would want to see my environment service buildings. I hope you'll take the constructive criticism in an adult manner like fayedd and axel have done. They've made corrections and I changed ratings from 1 star to 5 on axel's citypack 2 mod as he worked with me to fix the problem I talked about. I hope fayedd removes his reply to my 4-star rating so I can rate it up to 5 once he fixes the tax income problem I noted.

3. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

@OmniusPrime
    Your application may be acceptable.
    But,
    What bothers me deeply, these are the words you use to make your request.
    You might be a little less authoritarian. and a little more in the suggestion.

Also, you should know that this "mod" exists since 2012, and that a good part of the elements have always been in this menu.

Then, as I have already said, you do not have to use it.

and to finish,
    To decide, I'd like to do a survey to determine in which menu this "mod" should be placed.
    Thank you to the community to participate in this poll

In French:
    Votre demande peut-être acceptable.
    Mais,
    Ce qui me dérange profondément, ce sont les mots que vous utilisez pour faire votre demande.
    Vous pourriez être un peu moins autoritaire. et un peu plus dans la suggestion.

De plus, vous devez savoir que ce "mod" existe depuis 2012, et qu'une bonne parties des éléments ont toujours été dans ce menu.

Ensuite, comme je vous l'ai déja dit, vous n'êtes pas obligé de l'utiliser.

et pour finir,
    Afin de trancher, j'aimerai faire un sondage pour déterminer dans quel menu ce "mod" doit être placé.
    Merci à la communauté de participer a ce sondage

OmniusPrime, Mr.X² and kipate like this.
  4. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Drazicdesign,
    Sorry if I was a bit tough on my rating and demand. I hope you'll take into account from now on menu presentation. I loved your Animation Ploppable mod because there were 28 upgrade versions in one menu item. Plus it was located out of the way in the Packs/Beach/Buildings/Custom section. I'd think the Packs section in the Custom parts of the Beach or Snow areas would be excellent places to put mods with many items.

I also liked your first furniture pack where one menu item had many upgrade versions, that cut down on menu clutter. I don't mind building an item and running a little clock to activate the upgrade options.

I also hope that by naming the items properly you can get them to show up after standard section items, like the standard environmental items or the very useful Alternative Park

If you'll delete your reply to my bad rating I'll delete my rating since I no longer use this mod. I wanted to make sure I caught your attention, a 4-star rating wouldn't have done that. I love your work and have many of your mods but I can't use this one or the train one because of where they are in the menu and how they block menu items I use frequently.

5. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Drazicdesign,
    I ended up taking the plunge again and used your mod in my latest Flachlandstadt city. Here's my latest video where I do show off your work. I also showed the menu location so you can see that along with an XL environmental mod items the environment section is pretty crowded. I was impressed that this mod changed some of the old light posts along roads automatically, pretty cool as I showed it in my video. I wanted to update my rating to give this 5 stars but can't because you replied to my original rating and I can't do another. If you were to delete your reply I could delete my original rating so I could rerate as a 5.

6. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

7. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

@OmniusPrime

Menu Location of this update:
    Decoration> trees
    and
    Decoration> Trees> MSNOCOLLISION
    :cool:

OmniusPrime likes this.
  8. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Drazicdesign,
    Totally Awesome! Now if you'd delete your reply to my bad rating on the overview page I can delete my old bad rating and give this 5 stars. Thanks much for moving the location of these items. I did see that they were originally placed in Environment section by original authors.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ha ha, now it would be my turn to have a moan :ROFLMAO:

My decorations menu is so huge I have issues with it. It does not help that I have a lot of custom stuff in there I have never published.
    I don't mind the menu change but if there is no big changes, I will still use version 1.1

What really need to be done is the community mod needs extra menus like the XL UIM.
    As we only have the tree menu it's getting a bit full.

OmniusPrime and Drazicdesign like this.
  10. Monty

Monty Governor

Maybe it will help to start a thread to discuss which buttons are needed. But only the few most needed ones. Maybe Altiris will have mercy and update the Community Mod or give us instructions on how to do it.

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Sound's like a plan. Being able to customize it would be handy. I was going to launch into the old UIM a long time ago and see if I could figure it out.

OmniusPrime, veija2 and Drazicdesign like this.
  12. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Yes indeed, we need additional buttons in the "CM" as in "IUM"

OmniusPrime and veija2 like this.
  13. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

skullz613,
    That would be awesome! I currently have the excellent XL Civic Services mod installed along with the dependency Crime and Leisure mod as well as the dependency Health Enhancement mod. They work somewhat but there are some buildings or features that don't because the CM lacks some of the UIM features. It sure would be cool to see these mods all working properly in XXL. Having the missing Entertainment section button in XXL would allow us to have even more buildings available to us from XL.

I think the biggest mistake FHI made with XXL was to create a totally new UI thus abandoning all of the excellent mod work done that the UIM brought us. It would be so wonderful to have all of the UIM features working in XXL. If you work on it I'll be happy to beta test it for you. Ask Monty I do good beta test work.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  14. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Look here, Cities Xxl Community Mod [project]

15. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Drazicdesign updated 64 x Furnitures - XXL - by Ieyasu and by Karaaib with a new update entry:

Furniture ploppables compatible with CM_V2.10

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. Lexxa

Lexxa Skilled Worker

I don't have any of these 2022-10-04_193844.jpg 2022-10-04_193922.jpg 2022-10-04_193955.jpg 2022-10-04_194046.jpg 2022-10-04_194120.jpg 2022-10-04_194144.jpg 2022-10-04_194209.jpg

Attached Files:

17. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hi, @Lexxa

Yes, this is normal, this will be shared in a complementary patch.
    I was waiting for the "zzzz_XXL_MrX2_TagsCfgXXL_V1.5.patch" update

I will take care of it now!
    Thank you for your patience,

Lexxa likes this.