1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xl User Interface Mod 1.79.9

XL Nation User Interface Mod, adding a lot of extra menu items

1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

IcyHot submitted a new resource:

XL User Interface Mod - XL Nation User Interface Mod, adding a lot of extra menu items

Read more about this resource...

txf0101 and Möebius like this.
  2. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Hey man are you going to add the new tags for paulchris latest seawall mod? I think he tried contacting you a while back about that but had no replies. well maybe that's all I heard or know about it. Im sure we can dig further for more info needed.

3. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

Nick2U,

I have spoken to Altiris about this and he says the the tags will be added in the next UIM update.

nicko2u likes this.
  4. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

This UIM is amazing but just it's a pity the mods are not organised for all the buttons as some of them are inactive (not used). For example Harbour XL is not under harbour button. Is it up to modder where he places it in the menu or it's inactive? I noticed many mods are placed kind of wrong and with so many mods it's sometimes very hard to find what u want..

5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

That is why modders should upload a screenshot showing exactly where in the menu it can be found :)

6. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

I know that but if u have many many mods installed then you don't remember placement of all of them, I was just wondering why some of the buttons are inactive.

shushu... likes this.
  7. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Yep some UIM menu icons will display no mods, erm if they have no mods yet assigned to them. Also some mods where released before the UIM so that is why they probably show in the main menu somewhere

8. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

Ok is there anybody who could help me to figure out how to change the <tag> in class file of the building I wanna change for correct placement in menu? Lets say I wanna change Harbor XL buildings to show up under Harbor XL button in the menu. Is there any guide for this? I couldn't find any. I'd really appreciate it. I already learned how to make buildings OWP and no collision bcs the tutorial is nice and clear and I got interested into moding.. just cannot find anything apart the description for moders in CXL UIM but it's not clear the way the tag should be exactly written. Anybody to help?

9. blackcatvtv

blackcatvtv Vagabond

Hi, wonder if this mod could work in Cities XL Platinum? I have tried once but the items in the menu and its sub were not in the right order. Even some has disappeared. Do u have the version which is compatible with CXL Platinum? Thank u :)

CyberDophin and Austin Gates like this.
  10. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

it is compatible, try to reinstall

Austin Gates and blackcatvtv like this.
  11. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

I wish the UIM had an LRU pallet of the last 4? items used so I wouldn't need to dig a down 3 levels to something I just used previously.

12. blackcatvtv

blackcatvtv Vagabond

13. hevanschultz

hevanschultz Vagabond

I'm with a similar problem. I have installed Cities XL Platinum and UIM 1.79.9, but without mods and works very well. But when installed the "Mods" full of mods inside the folder "Paks" folder the game crashes when starts. UIM already reinstalled several times, but still the same thing.
    Can you guys help me?

14. Radiospeed

Radiospeed Unskilled Worker

hey guys.. i am having issues when i install UIM on windows 8.. is it compatible for win8?? once UIM is installed the game crashes at the splash screen... anyone know how to solve this issue??

15. Austin Gates

Austin Gates Unskilled Worker

I have this same problem! The game just fails to start and Windows says "Program quit unexpectedly"

But when I remove the mods it works fine.

I really want to fix this.

Bltkhanas and MrFirst like this.
  16. Radiospeed

Radiospeed Unskilled Worker

I did manage to solve it.. I deleted all the files at the User>Local>steam and uninstalled the game as well as UIM. Then reinstall back but this time i changed the location of installation to my desktop instead of the default location. Then install UIM into the same folder on the desktop.

Hope this helps.

17. HKanone

HKanone Vagabond

Hi,

I have installed UIM but there are no changes in the game (no new menu). I tried the installer and after reinstall the patch.
    What was my fault? oO

18. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

The game crashes at startup.
    Ths is what is in the log.

[22:26:43] CORE mcFilePack.cpp ( 546) ErrorBuild mcFilePack::SerializeFat() error for <paks\mods\xl_nation_karaaib_ent_msg_uim_v1.0.patch>

I removed all the mods I added this month and still get the same.
    The only other change I can think of is a Windows7 update.

19. jayplaygame

jayplaygame Vagabond

I'm getting a little over frustrated because no one will simply explain WHERE to install this on the installer.. I have a steam version Cities XL Platinum and its getting a little annoying spending hours just figuring out a simple question that should have being ANSWERED by NOW.

darienfalconi likes this.
  20. Mayor Metropolis

Mayor Metropolis Vagabond

It's quite frustrating to get it working, but I'll try and explain it the easiest I can.

Step 1:
    once downloaded, open the download file(I'm using Google chrome)
    and open the application for the interface

Step 2:
    Don't extract the file anywhere, it's a self-extracting file, so all you need to do is select run

Step 3:
    Make sure you download the file into this file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XL Platinum
    (however, you'll need to find the drive that contains your steam file, this was where mines located and won't necessarily be yours)

Step 4:
    Enjoy! Let me know if this helped you any! :)

even avakis likes this.