1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

XL building pack A 1.1

Bunch of modern apartment, house and office

1. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

Nogerivan submitted a new resource:

XL building pack A - Bunch of modern apartment, house and office

Read more about this resource...

2. es168

es168 Skilled Worker

Nogerivan, as always....another outstanding pack. Like it !

Nogerivan likes this.
  3. Mako_Nakamura

Mako_Nakamura Vagabond

Nogerivan , arigatou gozaimasu :D

Nogerivan likes this.
  4. Monty

Monty Governor

Your models always look exquisite! You did a wonderful job with these ones. (y)

Nogerivan likes this.
  5. Kurtis Edwards

Is that BLU logo on one of the buildings the logo for the cellphone maker? If so, that's awesome, that's the maker of my phone. I dig it cause their a little guy among giants making a pretty decent phone.

6. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

what's the tag for NOZAC in xxl? that seems doesn't works

I don't know..haha. I never know BLU phone before LOL
    I just pick random texture, it says Radisson BLU on it..google say they are hotel

Attached Files:

7. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

nozac doesnt work in xxl
    in previous versions it prevents buildings to grow when beeing zoned
    atm i dont think this will get fixed....

8. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

ok thanks X...
    I tried PRIVATE as well but not works too, what is that tag for?

9. Inan

Inan Governor

You are a top tier modder, same level as Monty or aitortilla01 and others. Congrats! Now it's possible to recreate a Tokio styled city, even the lag is burning down my condo i'm afraid, but it's worth it :D
    Thank you for sharing! Will you create more japanese, dense T2 or T3 buildings with a small Ground like you did here?

10. Monty

Monty Governor

It doesn't work. Putting them in the T4 menu prevents them from growing on zoned areas. And Probably the pack tags (USA, Europe, etc) have the same effect.

Nogerivan likes this.
  11. Kurtis Edwards

I see it now. lol

12. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

I'm not sure right now, still looking for an idea ;)

13. Lokentaz

Lokentaz Governor

I have: a love hotel.
    ;)

kipate likes this.
  14. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

golden medal2.png 1st Place Winner, August 2015 Mod of the Month

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  15. Steven H. Endermann

I do not know if I have already said this or not, but anyway: These are SO awesome! They look so great in my downtown area. Thank you so much, Nogerivan! This is so awesome!

16. Kurtis Edwards

Wow, I didn't notice this got a rating for the mythical Aitortilla.. lol. Gosh. I just still love this pack.. I want it for Skylines. But it keeps me playing XL. : )

17. kipate

kipate Governor

@F117Landers
    You know, you have every right to complain about a mod, its effects on your city, and so on. After all, it's the freedom of speech that has lead to social prosperity. I just want to remind you that the mod itself is free of any flaws. There is just no reasonable option to avoid the buildings from plopping in zoned areas.

You can imagine it as follows: If you use zoning, you choose the size of the buildings, T2, T2, T3, T for tier. You either get 40x40 low-occupancy buildings, 40x40 medium-occupancy ones, or 60x60 high-occupancy buildings; occupancy with regard to the number of people living or working in the area.

When you create a mod, you also have to choose a tier T for your building. It signals the game where to find the mod. Given the size of the buildings, it makes sense to put them into tier 1 (T1). But then, if you allow zoning, these buildings will plop there. In previous versions, you could add a tag NOZAC to your mod. This does not work for XXL. You could change the tier to T4, and probably avoid this from happening, but then you would need to put any such building there, which will have the menu overcrowded! Believe me, it is annoying to have an overcrowded menu :rolleyes:

But you can still do it yourself, if you unpack the mod and change the location to T4 :)

I understand that it may be frustrating to have these buildings plop everywhere, I just want to put everything into a perspective.

Drazicdesign and F117Landers like this.
  18. F117Landers

F117Landers Unskilled Worker

@kipate

Thank you for the info on the NOZAC issue; that is really frustrating to hear. The insight is appreciated; especially since I've been out of the scene since about 2014 or so. As such, I've deleted my review as it's a bit unfair if it's an issue with the game itself compared to previous versions.

With all the issues, I may just go back to 2012 or Platinum...

kipate likes this.
  19. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello everyone,:)

Following a request from @Kitsunebi, here are the modifications of this patch version 1.1

1/ Useful information for Cities XL and XXL players
    - The Industry / Office buildings have been moved to the T4 size menu. (This was done to avoid seeing the building grow larger when using the zoning tool, on the XXL version)
    - Residential buildings / Skilled workers have been moved to the T4 size menu. (This was done to avoid seeing the building grow larger when using the zoning tool, on the XXL version)
    Only the 5 houses have not changed their menu. (Indeed, they have a standard base size. (40 x 40)

- Now all buildings in this patch can be placed on water.
    - Now all buildings have the new version of "No Collision Box",
    This new version of "No Collision Box" has the following advantages
    - the building still clings to the road,
    - The building keeps its foundations,
    - And of course, the building does not collide with other buildings.

2/ Useful information for Cities XXL players.
    Added search tags for the "XXL Cities Filter" tool.
    - Geographical origin: Asia.
    - Construction style: Japanese.
    - Game Edition: Custom.

3/ As usual, remove the old version "XLN_Nogerivan_MetroBuildingPack_A" of your folder "mods", and then replace by this new version "XLN_XXL_Nogerivan_MetroBuildingPack_A.v1.1"
    No problem, you can restart loading your city.

upload_2021-11-30_23-59-48.png

upload_2021-11-30_23-11-32.png

Attached Files:

20. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Oh my goodness... is it Christmas already??? I only asked about this yesterday and now it's already finished.

You have no idea how long I've been frustrated by the fact that some of these buildings were not placeable on water! I just tested and everything works perfectly. This makes me really happy!!! :cry::love::LOL: merci merci merci!!!!!!! :notworthy:

Drazicdesign likes this.