1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CXL 2011 Weird grey buildings instead of mods

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by 178kahibahroad, Oct 30, 2019.

1. 178kahibahroad

178kahibahroad Vagabond

Hi - I hope someone can help me with this. I recently reinstalled CitiesXL2011 and downloaded lots of mods from XLNation. Some work perfectly fine but others appear as either white tiles in the menu buttons or when inserted, appear as weird grey buildings or Ferris wheels. I thought I had downloaded all seven available dependencies from XLNation so does anyone have a clue what might be going on and what I have not done correctly?
    Any help or advice would be fantastic!

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

If you are using some XXL mods, make sure they are compatible with XL 2011

Mr.X² likes this.
  3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

These grey buildings are placeholders and beeing displayed if the actual building model cant be found. Same goes for white tiles in your menu. They will show up if the original thumbnail cannot be found. Make sure your .patch file is not corrupt (maybe try redownloading), it is not a pre-release/beta mod and check if it is compatible with your cxl version.