1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings W2w Pack

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by mst.matias, Jan 23, 2015.

1. mst.matias

mst.matias Unskilled Worker

The W2W buildings are so useful, specially when we want to create an european city style.

The German Residential Pack by Aitortilla01 is great and very useful, but if would be nice if someone could create another pack with more W2W building, old an modern, corners, and diagonal. I know it´s a lot of work, but I think it worth it.
    Again, sorry for my english!! (n)

Attached Files:

APXHTEKTON and Mr.X² like this.
  2. APXHTEKTON

APXHTEKTON Unskilled Worker

Optimal would be if there were like big major packs of buildings , each carrying a different architecture, w2w shaped, as you said.. from old to modern, from low density to High density , from residential to offices and industrial. there could be hundreds of packs implemented.

I once had a look on Simtropolis.com again and checked out the custom content , on the search box I typed "w2w" ..to see just some of the "w2w" building that are on STEX. Of SC4 is way older game than CXL but have a look at the great custom content...these are beautiful buildings that are really missing in CXL.. In my view w2w building are a very special group of buildings, either residential or industrial, this is how i group them up in my head.

if only the new CitiesXXL game engine is improved and is capable of lag-free gameplay and eases the handling/modification on game models ,as they say, ...then the way to create many more new buildings might be open for modern but even for players.
    Im very curious to see CXXL ..untill then i don't have big project in my mind,first see the new version :)

mst.matias likes this.
  3. APXHTEKTON

Let me share with you how a ideal w2w building pack could be like.

a)A pack should have buildings of 1 architectural style ,lets say for ex. "w2w_EU_Southern_modern " (bright colored textures & balconies & some enclosed backyards & plain roofs)" like shown in your pics above.

b)The pack should contain building in this style for more than one density level, specially w2w buildings are easy to use in all densities,from low to high/very-high. we need all density levels to create a nice realistic look.

c)The pack could/should have multiple version for each model/building, because to create a realistic look and at the same time keep our cities running healthy in game, we need all, residential to commercial & Offices. This is made easier because .class files are being modified relatively faster than models/textures.

EXAMPLE:
    Title:

w2w_EU_Southern_modern

Content:

4x high-density models, used for Residential, Commercial, Offices
    > 4x high-density residential buildings
    > 4x high-density commercial buildings
    > 4x high-density offices buildings
    TOTAL: 12 High-Density Buildings in Game (12x .class files) , giving the player 3x times more Freedom in forming realistic & functional districts in sizes > example (10/20/30 x 30/40/50/60)

4x medium-density models , used for residential, commercial, offices
    > 4x med-density residential buildings
    > 4x med-density commercial buildings
    > 4x med-density offices buildings
    TOTAL: 12 Med-Density Buildings in Game (12x .class files) ,example (10/20/ x 30/40/50)

The same way for another 12 Low-Density Buildings

So, totally 36 building in this example pack that covers all the needs of an Architect-Player in game.
    Note that models can be used as well for Services or Leisure buildings for example.

thank you :)

mst.matias likes this.
  4. APXHTEKTON

I asked my self lately why is w2w so important in my gameplay ..
    ..well it's all about filling up unsymmetrical downtown/rural roadblocks , i always try to make my cities look as real as i can and this is very often defined by the shape of the road network. For this my demand is high in using buildings that have the w2w ability and specially the buildings with smaller CB than their size...

Building with not ground texture are Awesome,too. they seem to be perfect in filling irregular crossroads (not 45 or 90 or 135 grades)

For this i have to add as well that an OPTIMAL building pack grands the Player this little thing by... "reducing the size of Collision Box "
    Not all players might share this building style, i don't know, but for me this is just as important as the actual quality of the mod !!

5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

All requests are most welcome.
    Sounds like a great idea and a lot of work for some modders!

You may not know how much work is involved in creating one decent model that works well in the game. A pile load to be nice.

6. APXHTEKTON

True, for this i cant wait to have Windows 8.1 pro installed on my MacPro to start working with 3d programs and start modding to, I always wanted to make some models ,too.
    Yet,I'm working with simple .class files and already trying to convert building or just create multiple .class version for the same buildings to use them more often in game & reducing the collision box to a string of the full depth of the Lot size, e.g.. (1x40)
    Maybe someone might want to start a pack soon, so I wanted to share my idea.
    :)