1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Vampiro project: R.E.R. - Road Euro Revolution

Discussion in 'Projects' started by vampiro, Aug 18, 2017.

1. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Simply, I had just started to correct some issues on an old road mod (author Skimbo) only for myself.
    At the end I rebuilt all including default roads.

I changed lamps and furnitures...
    I created european streets signs...
    I added new road shapes and roundabouts...
    I rewrote layout files...

This mod will come with 5 sets of roads:

1) new default roads cxl_screenshot_def_0.jpg

2) roads for slums and industry
    cxl_screenshot_def_2.jpg

cxl_screenshot_def_10.jpg

3) country roads
    cxl_screenshot_def_3.jpg

4) two sets of historical roads
    cxl_screenshot_def_4.jpg

cxl_screenshot_def_5.jpg

Now I show you a couple of new roundabouts photos...
    cxl_screenshot_def_8.jpg

cxl_screenshot_def_9.jpg

Another couple of roads photos...
    cxl_screenshot_def_6.jpg

cxl_screenshot_def_7.jpg
    LAST INFO:
    Not too much time to finish the mod

javier, Jotaere, Drazicdesign and 7 others like this.
  2. BahadirB

BahadirB Governor

All of the mods are awesome but I do already have a thing for the "historical roads" Great job! ;)

3. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Another little set of photos

cxl_screenshot_aaa_0.jpg

cxl_screenshot_def_11.jpg

cxl_screenshot_def_12.jpg

cxl_screenshot_def_13.jpg

cxl_screenshot_def_14.jpg

cxl_screenshot_def_15.jpg

Myname, javier, wildii and 3 others like this.
  4. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Let's now talking about menu.

Default road + their expansion are founded in standard menu with classical photo-icons

All other roads (country, derelict, historical north euro, historical south euro) are founded in custom menu...
    Here there are many roads and this could create a bit of confusion, that's why, I decided to use schematic colored icons istead of using photos.

purple family colors - 10m streets
    red family colors - 15m roads
    orange family colors - 20m roads
    yellow family colors - 25m roads
    green family colors - 30m roads
    blu family colors - 40m roads
    violet family colors - 50m roads

Iside icons, a short description, shows the shape and the road set, an optional little tree, shows if roads has trees

Prices of all roads have been changed: country and derelict roads are cheaper, historical roads have higher costs than default roads.

Roads with trees produce a light greenery effect (few meters) around them.

A couple of photos about menu icons...

menu1.jpg

menu.jpg

javier, axel, Mr. Sky and 2 others like this.
  5. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Project looks great, especially historical roads. Also the plazas seem very nice.
    Where can i find them?

6. Monty

Monty Governor

hey vampiro! Excellent job! They look much better than the default ones!

Maybe you may want to check out this old project of mine. It was meant to replace the default roads. The base roads are done and some of the On road parking ones are also done, but it's not finished. The files are quite a mess! XD Anyway, feel free to use/modify this mod if you want.

Download link: MEGA

Register or to view Spoiler content!

7. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Monty, it's a pity you become tired to finish your mod, asphalt is very nice and also u created very nice and original road shapes!!!
    I will watch you work, perhaps it will ispire my some future addon to this mod (for example i didn't create on road parking ones).

Luis Diogo, my mod is not published yet. I need to complete some little details, balance road prices and write an uniform description of all roads.
    Perhaps I will be ready to publish it maximum at first days of september.

8. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Thanks for the reply vampiro. Take your time!
    I thought plazas could be a separate mod already out there. There are some plazas in one of your pics...

One thing you could consider is making your mod compatible with Monty's "freakin" roads. They are awesome...the textures, the sidewalks, the rambla one...everything.

If yours going to replace default roads i guess they will also replace Monty ones. To be honest they are so good that i'm not considering leaving them. Maybe you could make two patchs available: one for the ingame roads replacement and other with the historical ones and maybe the industrial roads as well. This would allow people to use this last ones side by side with Monty's and whoever wants also to use the normal roads could choose them..

Just an idea based on the amazing quality of Monty's roads.

9. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Yes, monty spanish roads are awesome...but they are not fully completed.
    It could require long time of work to include them as a new set or as a substitution of another road set.

Monty uses different *.sgbin files than in game standard roads.
    Freaking roads works well with themself and with many roads, but i found several issues crossing some famous roads
    (pharmist experiment 8 lane, 6 lane, GeniusXL and Martens roads, bicycle roads, and tram roads).
    Freaking version for these roads should be created to solve issues.

A photo explain better than my words some of these issues:
    cxl_screenshot_aaa_2.jpg

In my mod I changed all standard roads, creating new version for martens, 6lane, 8lane, Genius + I added new ones

If i decide to include them in my mod, i need many days of work and I'm a bit tired after writing or changing texture, *.layout and *.class files for so many roads. Mod release would be heavly delayed too.

Last and not less important thing, Yesterday I received monty roads just to get suggestions, If he wanted to publish his work, he would have done by himself long time ago.

Plazas, they are only 3, I include them because historical road sidewalks doesn't have their textured fillers to close gaps between pave and buildings.

Ramblas, you will find 3 Ramblas based on Genius boulevard 2

cxl_screenshot_def_16.jpg

In any case, I will try include something from freaking road....but something already is there....
    RER default roads panorama:

cxl_screenshot_def_17.jpg

Peter912, kipate and Drazicdesign like this.
  10. Monty

Monty Governor

Indeed. For the freaking roads to work with other custom roads you'd have to make fixes for all those mods, like I did with the on road parking mod (not completed). It does take a huge amount of time to fix all those mods. That's why I never finished them. Maybe someone would like to finish it someday, or some players may want to use them as they are.

11. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Monty, I think i will be able to include ur rambla, it is too much a sin to lose it.
    I will apply some little changes to armonize rambla with other default roads style.

12. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Monty rambla will be included in the mod package...

cxl_screenshot_def_19.jpg

Kimopolis, Myname, Monty and 2 others like this.
  13. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Another monty-roads successful conversion and import...the grassy avenue

cxl_screenshot_def_20.jpg

Myname, Monty and kipate like this.
  14. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Great news vampiro. Your mod is getting freakin awesome!!
    Sorry to be a nag but...how about road texture and sidewalks? You could consider implementing those on your mod...

15. kipate

kipate Governor

Looks promising (y)
    Will some of them have parking lots, too?

16. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Luis,
    as i told some post before, Monty uses not standard in game *sgbin files to apply textures on his roads, and he created only a subset of all road shapes used by modders.

I use the in-game multitextured *.sgbin files + few not-in game *sgbin files.
    I need lot of work to convert all these roads. In future I could think to start this work creating freaking version for all the missing roads (Genius, pharmist...) and changing all RER road textures with monty textures.

The 2 roads in last photos are only partially converted to RER, as u can see, central pavements are monty original creations, and they are not converted, infact, I think that a central pavement quite different from standard RER pavement is not bad choice ...and i saved work time...:whistle:
    In any case, lamps, furnitures, asphalt and side-sidewalks should have the same standard, RER standard, or all would look as a strange mixture.

Kipate,
    I had thhought about an "on road parking set" as a future expansion pack, probably together with trams on historical roads.

kipate likes this.
  17. vampiro

vampiro Executive

Panoramic photo of the South euro historical set:

cxl_screenshot_def_0.jpg

Myname, Mr. Sky, Monty and 3 others like this.
  18. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi Vampiro. I don't have a clue about the sgbin files and that's why i'm suggesting things that probably aren't very doable. Sorry for that!
    Anyway, your work is amazing and the historical set is looking great. We all can only be thankfull for your hard work. I'll stop these ramdom suggestions now and hope you suceed in such a promissing mod.

19. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Wow this all looks like great work and brings so much more road variety, allowing to build many more styles which is much needed!! (y)

20. nicknick

nicknick Governor

I also like what i see very very very much!