1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

please help me im new. >.<!!!

Discussion in 'XLNation Site Questions, Problems and Suggestions' started by dhraegan, Aug 4, 2015.

1. dhraegan

dhraegan Vagabond

please somebody. im new in this page and in the game. i did download the game in a link from youtube, and played the game for a few days but, i wanted more buildings.
    the point is.. i download buildings (path) from this page, but i dont know where, in what folder install them. i try in /cities/xxl/pak/ (createnewfolder). but when i do it, the game dont works.
    .. sorry for my english, i speak spanish. thanks for read and your time. U_U

2. kipate

kipate Governor

First of all, welcome to the Forums! It is always nice to see new members here!
    To answer your question:
    For using mods in XXL, you will first of all need to download the
    Community Mod: http://xlnation.city/resources/cities-xxl-community-mod.1221/
    Please follow the instructions carefully!
    This mod will make most of the XL mods work for XXL (puedes usar XL mods
    en XXL con eso Community Mod).
    If it does bot work, you will probably need to use additional tags.
    There is a tutorial for this:
    http://xlnation.city/resources/how-to-add-filter-tags.1311/

I hope this helps, maybe @Mr.X² can also help you :)

3. ryankoo

ryankoo Executive

cities/xxl/pak/Mod is the right path.
    But you need to check what mods work in XXL and what only work in XL before copy all of them

4. dhraegan

dhraegan Vagabond

mmmm thanks so much. but so, i only download buildings what work in xxl, aftes only i put download in this folder?? nothing more?... i dont need a path or anything else?

5. kipate

kipate Governor

And you need the community mod installed or add tags!
    Read my comment above!!

ryankoo likes this.
  6. Spock

Spock Executive

make sure yur game is steam version not torent

7. ryankoo

ryankoo Executive

Yes you MUST have Community mod first.

IMO, you should play the original version without mod first untill you are familiar with the game and go further :)