1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Buildings My Building Request Wish List.

Discussion in 'Buildings' started by Radiant Dawn, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I figured I'd make my own wish list of building requests.

1. High rise corner building pieces (offices and residential).
    I had some others, but I can't remember them as of now, but I'll just edit and update this thread when it comes to mind.

I must say however; I do miss the old main single mod request thread for everyone's requests in one thread. One of the reasons I say this is because I noticed how most of these requests don't even get any views whatsoever. I think the single mod request thread was a much more efficient system. I also miss the active threads notification system on the home page.

2. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I suppose I can't edit my posts. Someone really oughtta fix that.

Anyways....here's one of the corner buildings I would like.
    It's the "Sentinel Building" here in San Francisco.

IMG_0423_1_2_tonemapped-Edit.jpg

I'll post more here if I think of anything else.

3. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

You get 20 minutes to edit a post after its created, after that no more edits. It has to be that way since it would not be fair if an original poster changed his words long after folks started responding

4. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Why is that not fair? I'm sorry, but I personally don't like that.

5. kipate

kipate Governor

IcyHot has this policy to avoid me from deleting everything I wrote
    just with one mouse-click :p

I actually like the Sentinel Building and would love to see it in the game!
    What kind of angle does it have?

skullz613 and Radiant Dawn like this.
  6. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I'm not sure, but I would kinda prefer it to be at regular in-game default angle, which I think would be like a 30 degree angle, even though that might not be totally realistic. I'm sure you can look it up somewhere.

7. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Ok, I gotta few more for my list:

1. More landmarks and furniture pieces without collision box (such as the Washington Monument) to enable placement of them over other objects and roundabouts.
    2. I asked for these a long time ago, but it couldn't hurt to ask for them again. They are such beauties and they truly have their own unique style to them - San Francisco Victorian style "Painted Ladies" homes: 1093427202_eab664873a.jpg
    More images:
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

skullz613 likes this.
  8. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Oh yes, and I almost forgot; a YMCA building, perhpas like one of these:

image.2701.feature.jpg
    3d%20riverwalk%20day-XL.jpg

More...

And of course, as requested before, but again, it can't hurt to ask again (I cannot believe no one has made any of these), department stores! Perhaps even a series/pack of all of these:

[​IMG]

More...

Perhaps also a shopping plaza/strip mall set where we can create our own shopping plazas/strip malls piece by piece.

Lastly; a zoo set, so we can create our own zoos, perhaps with animated animals/exhibits if possible?

9. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Ok, first off, I know I've already made a lot of requests, and the following requests make up another handful, but I don't rush any modders, they're only requests and they can be made at any time. I suppose I can be patient, that is; IF a modder decided to make them, but they're all really nice buildings and they would add so much to the game:

• Moscow buildings:
    • Chinese Buildings

Again, I know it's a lot, and I don't necessarily expect anyone to make all of these (although I admit it would be nice), but they're up for anyone to make if they so choose whenever they so choose to do so.

MuxLee likes this.
  10. MettP

MettP Vagabond

Oh, that SF buildings are soo amazing! I join to your request :D Especially the Sentinel would be wonderful!

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  11. Spock

Spock Executive

damn, u should start modding LOL

12. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

Just a few more for now....

These are a few more buildings that are grand monumental landmarks here in my city by the bay; San Francisco and they are indeed masterpieces:

Palace+of+Fine+Arts.jpg
    • Legion of Honor:
    [​IMG]
    • Coit Tower:

[​IMG]

13. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

BTW- What's so great about Coit Tower is that some of the very best views you can get of San Fran if not thee BEST you can behold at the top of Coit Tower.

14. Spock

Spock Executive

that coit tower looks like a f***** lighthouse

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  15. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

hmm... some really interesting requests you got there... :)
    if you can provide some textures i might be interested in some of them (that actually doesent mean ill take your requests ;) )

PS: if you want to start modding yourself, that coit tower might be an interessting project for you ;)

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  16. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I wouldn't know where to find the textures, would you?

Thanx for at least considering taking the requests, whether you'll fulfill them or not.

I have a feeling modding would take too much time away from my daily activities and even if I did modding on my own time, I probably would never get anything done, plus; I won't lie, it sounds too complicated.

17. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

It's like an observation tower on the top of "Telegraph hill" in San Francisco. The sights are breathtaking on all sides of the hill and the tower and the trail around it is a very tranquil setting, esp at night. I was actually there just last night during Halloween and it truly is peaceful and nice, a place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city in the big city full of forest trees and all that good stuff.

Here's some more pics:

18. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

More fountain and monument pieces (but esp fountains) and pathways that automatically transition into staircases with land elevation differences.

19. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

well, dont finding nice textures is the reason why im abandoning about 80% of my projects im starting...
    and yeah, modding is quite time consuming.. but its kind of a hobby, so it is ok :) and btw it doesnt matter how long it would take to finish it.. it would be worth it ;)

20. Carmelo

Carmelo Vagabond