1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

I've got a few questions...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sadiemydog, Feb 1, 2019.

1. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Hey, after a couple of years not using Cities XL I am back.
    However I've got a few questions.

Which mods are unable to add on Cities XXL?
    I currently bought Cities XXL and I certainly wanna use old mods. While the problem is that old mods require User Interface Mod to be installed and the current Community Patch haven't got all the menu's of the User Interface Mod so I have to rewire the mods can use the mods.

So I need to know which mods can only be used by user interface mod.
    Aswell as how to change the mod so they are in the right menu.

I need advice for helping that.
    Hope you can help me out.

Thank you

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

You will find lots of the old mods work on XXL. Some have needed an update and are posted as XXL versions. Make sure you have all the dependencies installed and you shouldn't have any issues.
    As for the interface, there's an unofficial release that's got most of the entries of the old XL custom menu. If you can't locate it here I'll PM you a link once I'm at my pc

3. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Okay thanks. I can't find the toturial of how to change location.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Last version that was made is XXL_Altiris_CommunityPatch_v2.09a
    Not sure what change was done in it from 9 to 9a as I can't remember or find the info in the project forum. I've attached it as I can't find where it was originally posted. The 2.09 versions have the extra menu locations.

As for changing the locations of mods, you just need to change the tag section in the class file,

Example,

<Tag>MS18;Decoration;Trees;GemCity;</Tag>

The old UIM help PDF helped me out for some stuff.
    codification_tags_UIM_v_1.79.6_sept_2013-1.pdf (I attached this one also in case you don't have it or can't find it.)

Attached Files:

5. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Thank you this is exactly what I need!