1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL How to completely delete XXL/uninstall & reinstall as NEW

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by brendonwright1989, Jan 6, 2019.

1. brendonwright1989

Hey all. I have come to the sad realisation that my game is probably corrupt. At one point in the last few months I was unable to create a new city at all the game would just crash, leaving me with only the one city that I have been working on for 2 years.

This of course was not a problem but when other issues started happening with my main city I decided for one reason or another to simply delete it all and then to reinstall via steam.

I thought I had deleted everything, however on first attempt it seemed brand new game, then after reopening it, old cities were there and after deleting them, now if I try to make a new city it again just crashes before it loads up the map.

The only thing I have carried over from the previous game install was the mods folder is there perhaps something in there not working with it I am unsure. I just want to be able to start afresh and need to know what exatctly to do to wipe everything from the computer/steam so that when I re-download its a new game with nothing carried over from previous.

Thank you.

2. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

this is in platinum:
    for clean install you need to delete this folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive, after uninstalling the game.

i think is little difference for xxl. maybe the sub folder in Focus Home Interactive.