1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Desert Town

The Gambling City

1. Inan

Inan Governor

Inan submitted a new resource:

Desert Town - The Gambling City

Read more about this resource...

2. kipate

kipate Governor

@Inan, yeah, when you look up closely, you see the connections with the other cities (y)

By the way: Where is Gil Grissom?^^

Have a merry christmas!

Inan likes this.
  3. Inan

Inan Governor

Had to google for Gil Grissom :-D

4. ShadowXZ

ShadowXZ Vagabond

Hi ,

first i like your Cities and Work :)
    How you are doing the Geographic things , like maps it looks very realistic.
    I would like to start a Project for Mars ( Future Mars terraformed) :)

Inan likes this.
  5. ShadowXZ

ShadowXZ Vagabond

9p3arubvbcn21.jpg

Inan likes this.
  6. ShadowXZ

ShadowXZ Vagabond

The pic is from a Game where you can terraform Mars.
    Would like to create some realistic Cartography like yours.

Inan likes this.
  7. Inan

Inan Governor

Thank you again for the nice review.
    Yes, i am a fan of statistics, background informations and little anekdotes of cities. Also, in my opinion, there should always be a description of the (fictional) country or the area, the geography, the economy, where the city is located. That makes the journal even more interesting as just images. The map was just made in paint :ROFLMAO:, because i don't want to invest hours and hours into learning map creating tools. I am curious what you are going to do (y)

8. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Inan can you please tell me when you build a city are you using cheats to get resources and money, or the city is self-sustaining? And If you combine the buildings how big can you build the city (how many inhabitants) until your game starts to crash? Thx

Inan likes this.
  9. Inan

Inan Governor

There are some other cities with a huge cashflow, like Bay City, or Osato etc., the bigger ones. Some mods are real cashcows, like the nuclear power plant or some multiplicator buidings for offices and high tech. When i start a new medium or small city, like Ohpo or Desert Town, i transfer the money tokens from the big rich city to the current one i am building on. Otherwise i am bancrupt when i build the highway...:ROFLMAO:
    For the lag...well it depends. Of course the rule is: The bigger a city is, the bigger is the lag and the possibilitiy of a crash. But it is not only the population, it is more the number of objects, the details like benches, trees, fountains, walls, all the NC and SC Buildings etc... you know what i mean. For example: Canal City is not so large at all, but due to the ship sluice with all the objects the lag is that huge, that i hardly can load it anymore, i need several tries. For crashes there is also another reason. It happens always in the same area of the map it seems. I think it has to do with some mods (not always the same) not compatible with others at the moment...weird.

Project_Oz likes this.
  10. kipate

kipate Governor

Just to specify Inan's already comprehensive answer: You do not need to place all of the buildings that come with the nuclear power plant mod. It may be fully sufficient to the smaller buildings several times, and one of the larger buildings. I mean, they look like generic auxiliary buildings, they can be placed in any industrial estate. Then you place one or two in-game power plants, and the cashflow will skyrocket.
    I have to admit that I had first used the money bank mod as long as I did not place the power plant. But right now, the cahsflow is at +850k each round (no money bank anymore), almost exclusively relying on export of power and offices, and all the services already take like -700k each round, so I am at about +1.5 million due to export. Of course the city is not finished, but the rest is peanuts :D

Inan likes this.
  11. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

In Dara, in the beginning, i built as efficiently as possible the entire surface of the farm land, after that i started to occupied all the water reserves. In order to have workers and resources, i built temporary blocks of houses, industry, offices, etc. When I finished with the farms and the water I destroyed those blocks and I started to build the city according to what I needed (cash, people, industry, etc) and trying to have roads as green as possible as traffic.
    Now I'm thinking of building another city where I'm no longer interested in the economy and mechanics of the game. I want to focus more on the visual side. And because I want try playing on cities xxl I can't transfer resources from Dara, that's why I'm interested in cheats.

kipate likes this.
  12. Inan

Inan Governor

kipate likes this.