1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Countries Xl - General Information

Discussion in 'Countries XL Information' started by Dreian, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Countries XL is a project developed for the XL Nation community.

The main objectives are:

- To recreate a coherent world

- To allow players to experience a multiplayer gameplay with Cities XL

- To create unique cities where famous landmarks may be built only once in the whole world (cf gameplay rules)

- To have fun

The way we want to achieve our goals relies on forum interactions between players. As a team, they will decide a strategy in order to develop their country & their respective cities, to specialize them or not...

1. The spirit around the project

Register or to view Spoiler content!

2. What’s next?

Register or to view Spoiler content!

2. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

After reading all this, I'm pretty satisfied and made me more excited to see this begin! :D

3. veija2

veija2 Mayor

This is going to be an exciting project. I have a few questions about how everything is going to work. These are just to improve my basic understanding of the game scenario. You may have discussed all this on the old website, but I've missed it if it's posted in this forum.

Teams: How will team members be selected?
    Rounds: Do you foresee the game lasting indefinitely with the same teams in place, or will there be "rounds" of some sort, where a new map is drawn, members reshuffled, etc.?
    Moderation Team: Has the Moderation Team already been selected? If so, who is on it? If not, how will members be selected?
    Country Presidents: First term Country Presidents will be selected by members of other countries - could you talk about the logic behind that?

Thanks, Dreian and everyone involved. This looks like fun. I have one more question - I will not have computer access the last part of this month. What is the time-line for game-play to begin?

4. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey Veija, thanks for the interest!

Here are some answers to your question.

1. Check the registration thread. There you can register yourself :) & read the gameplay profile of other members that are interested to join the project. If you like what you read, just ask people if they want to team-up with you!

2. For the moment, we are just trying to put the project in the pipeline. Anything can be possible if the players agree on the development of the project. Myself i envision it this way: when we got at least 3 countries, we can launch the rounds. Then we play we grow cities... depending on how much new players will join on the road, we might also offer to players to start a second, third city on the project... let's see how is it going... this is a project with the ambition to last over the year... let's not be in hurry to find out the destination, but enjoy the road we'll be on!

3. Currently the moderation team is the members who worked on writing down the project last year: we were 4: Ole, Royb98, Kipate & me. We are open to new members. This is a collaborative project, anyone who wants to participate is welcome. I've been given moderation access by IcyHot in order to organize things in the Countries XL forum. If we need a second member to have rights, i don't think it will be a problem.

4. About the first election. As i explained in the rules part (country governance), the first president election goes along with the selection of the capital country. As the naming of a capital is a permanent decision, in order to avoid any conflicts between players, i thought it was better to make it a neutral vote... But if players are enough responsible to not fight about the capital, then they can do as they wish. I have no problem with that!

5. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Sounds good. Thanks.

6. verners123

verners123 Skilled Worker

can we start building a city now? or will we be assigned maps?

7. kipate

kipate Governor

I just made some suggestions for teams and maps,
    if anyone is satisfied, and anything is cleared,
    then Dreian will declare the rules for the first stages
    and rounds, and give the sign, and then you can start,
    okay?

8. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep, thanks Kipate for having taken initiative, and presented things.

So guys, after teams are validated you can start to work on your countries/cities with your partners.

I am not satisfied at all with the results of creating relief on my cartography software, so i have to find another way to do it. Hopefully, CityMania on GC proposed to help me last week, so i think we will manage something very soon!

I'll come back to you during the week.

9. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Introduction round objectives will be posted as soon as teams are validated by each of you.

10. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

Hi everyone,

very nice project, I'm interested in. but what about cheating possibilities? I mean, it's quite difficult to build a specialized city with the only help of omnicorp to compensate the lack of resources and missing activity. Can we increase the amount of money we need without restriction?

11. royb 98

royb 98 Elite

Yes, you can use cheats. The only restriction you have is that you're not allowed to build certain buildings. Also for this introduction round only, you may not exceed the 10000 inhabitants limit.

12. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

Great, I join as soon as new players come for a new team!

13. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey Zizaro,

Thanks for your interest. Don't forget to register in the appropriate thread (link hereunder) & fill the registration form. You can check there what other players are up to, & share your own wishes.

You can start the introduction round on your own if you have some interest for the project
    As we are just starting, if no new players are coming soon, we might propose you to join one of the 3 countries that have been already created. Read a bit the rules & things we have started to present, if you have questions, don't hesitate to contact me, Royb98, Kipate & Ole. We'll be glad to help you!

http://www.xlnation.net/threads/registration-thread-join-your-expansion-program.1560/

14. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

Thanks for information, I'm afraid however I won't be steady enough in time to get in! I'll have a look to countries xl to see how it goes on, it's a really nice project, enjoy!

15. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

Zizaro, if your concern is that you need to give it a lot of time... let me reassure you... this is not done to be a race. If you want to make it a casual and work your cities from time to time... there is no problem in joining & having a minor role/ interaction with your country.

16. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

Thanks but I definitely think I'm a bit too occupied currently to get invested in this project!

17. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

Just asking why do we build on a new planet and not a imaginary continent on earth that has risen from the deep sea du a meteorite strike or something. That way you start with very old to new and makes the city's far mor realistic in my humble point of view. So that the timeline start around 1492 when señor el pussy cat set his first paw on fresh new lands

18. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, I would opine that it was massively easier to write a storyline
    for the settlement of a new planet than writing it for a fictional
    continent within the existing earth as it has been.
    Just recall what you would have to think about when it comes to WWI, WWII...

Pamascus27 likes this.
  19. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

ehm wel the continent went like switserland haha

Pamascus27 likes this.
  20. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Yep I agree Kipate.