1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities Xxl Community Mod [project]

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Altiris, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Altiris

Altiris Governor

So.. as you know there is a new UIM, now called the CM, I plan to migrate most features of UIM to Cities XXL.

The reason why I went with Community Mod was to have it more of a collaborative effort, I want to get feedback\suggestions before implementing new features.

For example the changes to the filter panel when you're in the transport menu. I added 2 different categories, as a "building filter" doesn't really apply to roads, I also hope to use the filter for the RHM pieces instead of adding new buttons.

The Transport Filter needs some discussion, as I'm not sure what will work best with all the content.
    Currently there is 2 and use the following tags.

Size
    Street
    Road
    Avenue
    ExpressWay
    FarmStreet
    FarmRoad
    FarmAvenue

TransportLine
    PedestrianLine
    RoadLine
    BusLine
    TramLine
    MetroLine
    RailLine
    AirLine
    WaterLine

I tried to use existing tags so current roads\bridges would be filtered as well as custom.
    I'm not sure if the size tags will be applicable or it's better to use 40x10 40x15 40x20 40x25 etc

The TransportLine was to replace the pedpath,tram,etc buttons that were added to UIM.

There's a few other things I know I will be putting back, the Trees and Furniture buttons, the "Full Unlock" cheat and probably the MSNOCOLLISION button, as well as the orientation panel for bridges.

So In short. What are the main things missing from UIM, and what do you want back in Cities XXL. ;)

2. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice work Alt. Are you able to have a minimise button on that filter menu?

3. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

One thing that was pretty heavy at some point in the CXL interface concerned the plazas. When you have a lot of them... it becomes really difficult to select them.

Would it be possible to have the Community Mod create some new tags to filter them by such possible categories as grass, trees, sand, dirt, concrete, water, ...?

4. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Best idea ever Dreian. Flicking through 200 plazas sucked.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  5. Monty

Monty Governor

That's a good idea!

Maybe a W2W tag for building styles would be nice too. W2W buildings are scattered around the menus and when someone is building a W2W area of the city it would be nice to have all w2w buildings handy.

OmniusPrime, Mr. Sky, Dreian and 2 others like this.
  6. Steven H. Endermann

Please make SEVERAL roads with grass between the road and sidewalk (like the grass-paved roads in the regular CXL).

7. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

OmniusPrime likes this.
  8. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

How about overwater and harbour. Are they planned?
    Great idea Dreian!

About transportation, maybe an overwater roads tag would be usefull. I'm thinking about seawalls, esplanade roads and pharmist ones.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  9. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

The Limitless construction button is must in my opinion. There are a lot of nice mods that use this and make the players options (like it says) limitless.... well almost anyway :)

OmniusPrime and Radiant Dawn like this.
  10. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

Personally i would love te the exact same uim back in xxl, because most of us are familiar with it

OmniusPrime likes this.
  11. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Yeah I like ideas of both of you. I also add to my want list the furniture menu (what I use a lot) and the plaza separation menus.

12. Dreian

Dreian Moderator
    Staff Member

to my "wish list" Peter :))) seems you are tired :)

Peter912 likes this.
  13. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

Ahh goddamn them typos :D . Yeah I mean wishlist :)

14. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

Some good filter or buttons for better organization of decoration and environment items.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  15. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

I don't know if this would be possible to implement in the CM, but I like the new building filter option in XXL. If there was a way of implementing this to zoning so that modders can add their own tags to filter buildings by build year and style (or maybe even custom tags like W2W) this would really change the way a lot of us play. Imagine building your historic neighbourhoods (say the Latin America pack) without plopping every single building manually, but just by zoning and then build the rest of the city in another filter.

mrmajkl likes this.
  16. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I agree and second that. I think all the additional buttons and icons that we had with CXL should also be offered for CXXL, esp since I'm so used to it.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  17. Altiris

Altiris Governor

I'm holding off adding more buttons for now, until Focus have finished updates, cause each time they do that i have to re-check all the code and in some cases start again fresh editing gfx files, which is very complicated and time-consuming work.

OmniusPrime and gbojanic like this.
  18. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

is it possible to add a "W2W-Buildings" Filter-Tag?^^

OmniusPrime likes this.
  19. OmniBLACK

OmniBLACK Elite

I thought of a cool idea last night.

If you could add/move the view options to under the toggle filters on/off button for ease of access.
    That way you don't have to go to the menu's button everytime you want to switch camera angle.

Just a thought, maybe for the next update.

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  20. bluejeans

bluejeans Vagabond

What does sandbox option do when starting the game? I haven't noticed any features that make it different from playing normally.