- Cities XXL Community MOD
- Game Version:
- Cities XXL 2015
I don't have much time (nor patience) to make an exquisite presentation of the mod and I still want to post it until 2017 to achieve at least one of my 2017 resolutions, so I'll be brief and hopefully update it soon with better descriptions, pics and updates. Here we go:
Without further ado:
- This is a DECORATIVE mod with rail pieces and stations. Unfortunately, no choo-choo's running on them, but you can plop them on
- It's not finished completely, I'll let you know below what's not done. I'm posting it here as nobody would find it in my projects thread. Believe me, I've lost quite a few hairs trying to figuring some things out, so just take it as it is now, or give a helping hand
- Huge thanks to @Drazicdesign, who was at the beginning of the project and coded the basic tracks, to @Monty, who has always been there when I needed help and also shared his and @Altiris's unfinished rail mod, @fayeddd, who contributed with stations, @Mr.X² and his knowledge about bridges, and everyone else who was around to support or just nag me about the whole thing.
- The whole system works very much like RHM puzzle with tracks that you drag and switches you connect
- There is only a version with canopies (wires), and a no-canopy is NOT planned, so please don't ask or complain about it
- If you want to help, know where some coding problems are etc, please, PM me.
There is a single track and a few variations of double tracks (simple, with glass barrier, and platforms).
There are also no-collision versions of the simple single and double tracks, however, they're not as smooth as the roads when you upgrade them back - let me know how to make that work better
Switches - there are (many, I know @Monty) fixed switches
Railyard switches to ease your life
and 2 variable switches (they snap along an existing track and have a plug to connect the new track
There is also a doubletrack splitter, very much the same as Alt's large avenue splitter (even the sign is the same, thanks Alt, still need to make something more appropriate (if someone's willing to whip out sth cool instead, you're most welcome ))Register or to view Spoiler content!
Road crossings - 10, 15 and 25m - part of Monty's rail mod, I just adjusted them to fit my tracks
Stations - big thanks again to fayeddd (the 4 stations on the left and a bridge with elevator) and Monty (3-platform station and railway warehouse)
Bridges are a bit peculiar, so pay attention:
- work as upgrades from normal road bridges => build any 10-30m bridge and upgrade it from the menu
- need a connector at each side - same sign ingame as the splitter, they need to face the bridge, otherwise will show "not enough room" and won't work
- the connectors only connect to single track(s)
- there are 4 new road bridges - originally made by Monty
- bridges for single track are NOT working, there's some stupid mistake I haven't been able to figure out, so be patient
Now some more pictures:
A 30m mixed bridge - 2 one-way streets and a glass-protected double track in the middle - kinda proud of this one
Esplanades by @PaulJChris and seaside walls by uokiok are also upgradable
Sometimes there might be the "not enough room" problem, so you can try using the no-collision versions
I guess that's all, folks. Hope you enjoy it and stay tuned!
If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.Dismiss Notice
If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.
If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.Its becoming harder each month to keep this site floating on the web. As Adsense money is now four months apart, I'm covering the rest of the monthly bills.Dismiss Notice
There's been a handful of donations which help a little but more regular donations are needed if this site is to stay alive.
I know it's tough for everyone but if you can spare a little it would be awesome.
P.S. Once again a big huge thanks to the last donations!
Transportation Decorative Railtracks and Stations 0.9
Decorative Railtracks and Stations